Noted as one of the finest remaining examples of Neo-Palladian architecture in London, Chiswick House is situated in Burlington Lane in the borough of Hounslow. This Georgian era palace was designed by Lord Burlington and was completed in 1729. The house and 65 acre estate are one of the earliest examples of the archetypical English landscape garden.
During the 19th century the house fell into decline, it was used as a hospital from 1892-1929 and became a fire station afterward. In 1944 the palace was damaged by a V2 rocket and soon after both wings had to be demolished. What is left is however a splendid reminder of the country’s past and is maintained by English Heritage.